The Shattered Sun Offensive
A Guide to the Quests
Introduction and Overview
Patch 2.4 introduced a new faction, the Shattered Sun Offensive, and a new zone and questing area, the Isle of Quel'Danas, to level-70 characters. This guide to the new faction quests is divided into four parts:
- Getting the SSO Quests
- How and where to find the SSO quests (a step-by-step guide).
- Doing the SSO Quests: Part 1
- Where to go and how to do the quests on the Isle of Quel'Danas (a step-by-step guide).
- Doing the SSO Quests: Part 2
- Where to go and how to do the SSO quests elsewhere (a step-by-step guide).
- SSO Quest Rewards
- What you get from the SSO quests (the bottom line).
The Isle of Quel'Danas evolves. In the course of the Shattered Sun Offensive event, structures are built, reclaimed, or converted. The situation on your server is likely to be different from that on many other servers. At various stages, NPCs suddenly appear with quests to offer, goods to sell, or services to perform. Eventually, an inn, an innkeeper, and a mailbox appear. Quests change names (from the first to the second in the paired names shown throughout this guide) but generally not their objectives or rewards. (For a detailed explanation of this evolution, see this Wowhead Forum post.)