- If you get a security warning about "running scripts or ActiveX controls," read this explanation.
Cataclysm Gear: Cloth
- Holy or Discipline Priest
- Shadow Priest
Holy and Discipline Priests are, of course, primarily healers. Shadow Priests are not but share the same taste in attire. The hallmarks of healing gear are Intellect, Spirit, and (on weapons) Spell Power. Like other spellcasters, Priests also benefit from Haste, Crit, and Mastery. What separates their gear from garb more suited to Mages or Warlocks is the priestly preference for Spirit rather than Hit.
Thanks to Meditation (or Meditation), Spirit regenerates mana for healing Priests during battle. Conversely, unless contributing some extra dps, healers do not benefit from Hit. Shadow Priests do need Hit but can derive it from Spirit (credit a talent, Twisted Faith), and the standard out-of-combat regeneration makes Spirit a better bargain than pure Hit Rating.
|Zone or Dungeon||Item||Quest||Questgiver|
|Grim Batol||Feet ||Kill the Courier||Farseer Tooranu|
|Halls of Origination||Bracers ||Doing it the Hard Way||Brann Bronzebeard|
|Lost City of the Tolvir||Shoulders||The Source of Their Power||Captain Hadan|
|Mount Hyjal||Cloak||Elemental Bonds: The Vow||(none)|
|Necklace ||Through the Gates of Hell||Malfurion Stormrage|
|Gloves ||Additional Armaments||Damek Bloombeard|
|Ring ||Calling the Ancients||Varlan Highbough|
|Filling the Moonwell||Ayla Shadowstorm|
|Orgrimmar||Belt||Traitor's Bait||Garrosh Hellscream|
|Twilight Highlands||Ring||Battle of Life and Death||Calen|
|Chest||Skullcrusher the Mountain||The Hammer of Twilight|
|The Crucible of Carnage:
The Twilight Terror!
- Only for Shadow Priests.
- Upon completion of the quest, you must purchase this (for roughly 70-90g, depending on your reputation with the Guardians of Hyjal) from Zen'Vorka, who is next to Malfurion Stormrage, inside the cave.
- Upon completion of the quest, you must purchase this from the questgiver (and vendor).
- If you have access to a decent offhand item, the 1H Mace is a better choice than the Staff: You get Spirit and a potential Intellect boost by enchanting the offhand item.
|Guardians of Hyjal||Cloak||Head Enhancement||Belt|
|The Earthen Ring||Necklace||Cloak||Gloves|
|Therazane||Shoulder Enhancement||Ring||Shoulder Enhancement|
- Only for healers.
- Only for Shadow Priests.
|Profession||333/Other||Rare 346+||Epic 359+|
|Blacksmithing||1H Mace||1H Mace|
Vicious Fireweave 
- Only for healers. Although technically this is a quest reward from the Darkmoon Faire, Scribes (inscriptionists) make the Waves cards that compose the Tsunami Deck, which is exchanged for the trinket.
- Only for Shadow Priests. As above, this is a Darkmoon Faire quest reward given in exchange for the Volcanic Deck after its assembly from Embers cards.
- This is PvP gear but, even for PvE, may be an upgrade for PvE items whose level is 346 or below. (Resilience has no effect in PvE encounters, but the other stats of this 377 PvP gear may outweigh the total stats of lower-level PvE gear.)
- The Vicious Embersilk set is aimed at Priests, but except for the robe and shoulders (the only two items with Spirit), Bloodthirsty Fireweave gear is an appropriate alternative.